Opening Ceremony of Xannano Gravel Road YES project 2016, BAIDOA
10th August 2016
The purpose of the mission was to ensure and certify the project targets are performed within the agreed standards.
The joint teams of MOLSA, ILO and Local Administration confirmed the Xannano Gravel Road Project improved transport services with reductions in transport cost, travel time and improved road safety and ultimately improved standards of living among the communities in the zone of project.
The following dignitaries attended Opening Ceremony of Xannano Gravel Road YES project 2016, BAIDOA.
- Acting President-Hon. Abdikadir Sharif Shekhuna-parliament-Speaker
- Hon. Jeylani Sheikh Mohamed Hassan -ISWA MOLSA Minister
- Eng Isse-ILO technical officer
- Mr. Adow Mohamed Adan-MOLSA Techncial Advisor
- Hon. Hassan Hussein-ISWA DDR Minister
- Mr. Abdullahi Ali Watiin-Baidoa Mayor
- Mr. Abdirizak Moalim Ilmi-MOLSA Labor Department Director
The beneficiaries of the project are 412 Youth of Baidoa district living within the project zone. The majority of Xannano road users are people involved in trading, agricultural activities and IDP, and those seeking social services such as education and medical services. The project improved household incomes and well-being through increased access to markets and social services.
The Acting President-Hon. Abdikadir Sharif Shekhuna-parliament-Speaker and Mayor of Baidoa Satisfied the Xannano Road Project and applauded the role of ILO and Federal Government of Somalia particularly MOLSA. The Major requested ILO and other International Partner to initiate more Projects of employment opportunities.